Jopr has embedded database support!
Jopr now supports an embedded database option during installation (using H2 under the covers). This option, aside from preparing the embedded database, also configures an embedded agent running inside the same VM. This means it takes only a few keystrokes now to install an entire Jopr system, end-to-end.
The bits can be found here.
Quick install steps:
- download & unzip the jopr-server-2.2.1.zip binary
- start the server using scripts at the top-level bin dir
- go to http://localhost:7080/
- click the “Embedded Mode” button at the top at the page (this enables the embedded db *and* the embedded agent)
- click the install button at the bottom of the page
Comments and questions welcome on the Jopr forums.
Note: the embedded database and embedded agent options are not intended production use. They were developed to facilitate quick installs so that new users could easily demo the product, or existing users get a quick overview of what features the latest distribution has to offer. At the time of this writing, there is no upgrade support when choosing the embedded mode option.